Applications are now open for our 2018-19 TAP Teen Council! Apply today – applications are due by 5pm on Friday, August 3.
The TAP Teen Council serves as the teen voice of the TAP program. The Council is responsible for ensuring the program best serves Chicago area teens by regularly attending performances, providing program and partner feedback, helping to create a process to evaluate new partners, planning teen events, creating recruitment strategies and promotional materials, and more. Snacks and stipends are included!
If you are passionate about the performing arts and you’re looking to grow as a leader, this is the group for you!
Meetings will take place on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm at Street Level (1637 N Ashland Ave Chicago IL 60622) on the following dates:
October 2, 16, 30
November 13, 27
January 8, 22
February 5, 19
March 5, 19
April 2, 30
May 14, 28
Teens interested in applying for the TAP Teen Council must:
- Be between 13-19 years old and interested in live performance (dance, theater, classical music, opera, etc.);
- Attend 75% of meetings and at least six live performances offered through TAP during the year;
- Represent TAP at one recruitment event;
- Be an ambassador for the program in their own community;
- Love collaboration and snacks;
- Submit their application by 5pm on Friday, August 3, 2018.
Have questions about the program or the Teen Council? Contact Claire at email@example.com or 312.445.2743.
Pictured: Members of the 2017-18 TAP Teen Council!