Learn how it works as we prepare to launch the program in May!
What is TAP?
Teen Arts Pass (TAP) gives young people ages 13-19 access to $5 tickets to see professional dance, music, and theater performances in and around Chicago. With your free TAP membership, all you have to do is present your pass to the box office at a participating venue on the day of the show, and as long as it’s not sold out, you can purchase a ticket (with a possible value of up to $200+) for $5 cash. It’s that easy!
How does it work?
- Sign up here on the TAP website (registration will be available in early April 2018) or on the app (also available in April 2018) and we’ll send you a membership card- you’ll also get an email with a temporary pass that you can use right away after you register. Registration is quick, easy, & free!
- Check out the website or app to see a calendar, list, or map of eligible performances at TAP Partner Venues all over the Chicago area.
- Be sure to call the venue’s box office to make sure tickets are available.
- Bring your TAP card (or make sure you have the mobile version ready to go), school/state ID, and $5 cash and get to the venue at least 30 minutes before the show time! TAP is a day-of-show program, so tickets can be purchased as soon as the box office opens, up until the show sells out. Be sure to get there early for your best chance at a ticket, but also because most TAP Partner Venues won’t seat you if the show has already started.
- Enjoy the show! Share your experience on social media (see links at the bottom of this web page)! Tell all your friends!
- Repeat steps 2-5 again and again until you turn 20, checking out all the cool performances Chicago has going on!
When will this start?
The official program will launch in May 2018. To kick off the program, TAP partners/venues will host a ton of exciting events across the Chicago area throughout the month of May, all for just $5.
How can I get involved?
Sign up here to receive email updates and alerts once program registration is open in the spring– then sign up, start using your pass in May, and spread the word to other teens!